Why am I on this juicing journey? Why green and why now?
As I've struggled over the past 4.5 years of chronic illness impacting my life, I've known that improving my diet could only be beneficial to me. But the willpower required to stop the Pepsi-aholic ways just was more than I had. A couple months ago, a friend of mine mentioned the movie 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead' and the juicing journey that significantly improved a couple guys' health issues. I became intrigued and slowly warmed to the idea.
But then I decided to celebrate my 5 year anniversary of being sick (yes, I celebrate each anniversary) by going to a Maroon 5 concert. I splurged and bought floor seat tickets for myself and my two sisters, along with plane tickets to the state my sisters live in and where the concert would be. This is a huge deal for me and I knew I had to 'train' for the concert because of the crowd, noise, and amount of standing that would be required. Yes, standing for lengthy periods is difficult for me still.
Combining all these emotions of being tired of being sick, learning about juicing, excitement to see the concert, all increased my willpower and motivation. Then I thought about the possibility of maybe even getting off my medication - if this juicing and healthy eating/living allow my body and my autonimic nervous system to begin working 100% or even 90%. Even more motivation. And then there is always the benefit of weight loss - and while I"m excited for this, it isn't my primary goal.
And lastly, but not last, my sister is on her own journey toward health and I am so proud that she is walking miles daily...in fact, I'm a bit jealous. But her journey is only motivating me more.
I started by eliminating Pepsi and eating as healthy as possible. I started this on Nov 26th. 4.5 weeks later, no Pepsi's although I have eaten junk a bit here and there. I decided to do a 5 day juice cycle and the more I thought about the benefits, the more excited I became.
I expect that I'll be crashing on day 2 and 3 so I planned it around that. I start tonight to do a practice juice and then tomorrow is Day One. The weekend will be Day Two and Three. Monday will be Day Four and I figure I'll be able to work anyways. Then Day FIve is New Years Day. So I only work Day One and Four.
At the end of Day Five, depending on how I'll feel then I'll decide whether to do 5 more days of just juicing or whether I'll start adding in food. But when I do add in the food, it will be as unprocessed as possible. Veggies, Fruits, lean meats.
I'm excited.........so here goes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment