Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Four - Ending the juice fast

Day Four started with a bang.   I'll try to explain without giving too much information.  I had read or heard varying opinions or information on the impact juicing might have on my digestive system.   Nothing had occurred, so I decided on the evening of Day Three to take some gentle overnight medicine to make sure things worked properly.

Not gentle, not overnight......   I spent the majority of Day Four at home, not at work, curled up in bed with stomach pain or in the restroom.   We'll leave it at that.

I realized mid-day that I was probably getting dehydrated so I drank lots of extra water.   And because Day Four happened to be New Years Eve, my son and grandson were over in the evening and we ordered pizza.   I ate pizza....  justifying this with the fact that my body probably needed something solid to help offset all the other things going on.

So my 5 day juice fast became 3.5 days.   Not that I am giving up, but I am changing my approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment